These binoculars are the creme de la creme of World War II optics. The dimensionality of the picture is unbeatable. This is a late EUG code, Optische Prazisions- Were, from Warschau Poland. The firm of Colberg Company was a respected optical production house that Carl Zeiss works had tried to buy out in the 1930’s. These were used defensively by the German Navy, and are very rare due to the fact that most found their fates at the bottom of the sea. As with all our binoculars, these have been hand polished to illuminate the original steel and brass metals. These are the most sought after WWII optics. These Kriegsmarine binoculars were marked with EUG the code for Optische Prazisions- Were. All lenses are marked T for coated lenses. Early coatings on the lenses allowed for a brighter picture. The binocular also had moisture absorbent cartridges and nitrogen ports to remove moisture and reduce lens fogging. They were robustly made and very well waterproofed as would be necessary for a shipboard optic. These exceptional 20 degree inclined optics offer a magnification of 10 x 80 and display the eagle and swastika symbol of the Nazi Party, also known as their Parteiadler. Especially significant is the stamped ‘M’ on the instrument’s right-side plaque, a symbol for acceptance by the German Navy or Kriegsmarine. Etching ‘DF’ indicates double telescope optics. The binoculars also exhibit serial number ‘216321’. The binoculars feature an adjustable brow pad to decrease the fatigue of long watches, along with hinged lens caps to protect from damage. Once the highest quality optic in existence, these Kriegsmarines display a genuinely astounding penetrability.