This is a regal George IV English Early 19th c. Miles and Edwards Octagonal Table created by Miles and Edwards in 1826. This table features beautifully detailed hand carved scrollwork and designs, especially in the base and feet of the table, that create an amazing shape and continuity throughout the whole piece.
Miles and Edwards of 134 Oxford Street, London, was established in 1822. The furniture-making firm of Henry Miles and John Edwards quickly made their way to the tips of the elite’s tongues by acquiring many important commissions, including work for the British Ambassador in Paris and the Empress of Russia in 1830. They also were commissioned to work in prestigious houses such as Hopetoun House in Edinburgh, Scotland, and the Stafford House (now known as the Lancaster House), in the West End of London.
This table is numbered “L16616”.