This artfully carved and magnificently preserved Mills Double Dewey Slot Machine crafted by Mills Novelty Co. circa 1906, out of Chicago. Still intact are the original maker’s trademark stamps, along with ‘PAT.NOV.8.98’.
The exceedingly rare slot machine was delivered to its previous home in Aspen by horse-drawn carriage, and remained hidden throughout Prohibition, when others of its kind were destroyed. We are the second owners of this machine since 1906.
The machine’s colored wheels have retained their vibrance, as have all mirrored surfaces. One side operates with nickels, while its twin takes quarters only; a rather hefty fee for the early 1900s.